Amanda is an accomplished business attorney. She has been practicing law for 11 years and been employed with Stibbs & Co. for almost 10 years. Amanda also has her MBA and enjoyed 20 years in the business world before joining the Firm. She has a genuine fondness for the law and her position at Stibbs & Co. “I love what I do,” Amanda said. “I love the people I work with and coming to the office every day.” Amanda and her husband, Rob, who is a District Attorney, live in San Jacinto County on the lake.
Areas of Legal Practice:
Amanda Trapp practices corporate transactional law, covering a wide variety of general corporate matters. Her unique perspective in dealing with a variety of client matters comes from her 20 plus years of business experience as a corporate controller, financial analyst and accountant for several large Houston area companies prior to becoming an attorney.
Client Services Include:
- Corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, limited partnerships and other business organizations: advises on a variety of matters including formation, governance, shareholders’ and members’ agreements, partnership and limited partnership agreements, stock purchase agreements, transfers of interests, buy-sell agreements, franchise agreements, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements, discretionary bonus plans, stock option plans, policy review and employee issues.
- General Business Representation for a host of companies including the review, negotiation and documentation of all types of commercial business agreements, including master service agreements, manufacturing agreements, contractor and subcontractor agreements, construction agreements, sales and supply agreements, distributor agreements, indemnity agreements and software licenses.
- Real Estate matters representing both buyer and seller, and landlord and tenant, in commercial property investments and development.
- Mergers and Acquisitions representing interest holders and companies in regard to due diligence, financing of purchase, majority and minority interest, spinoffs, restructuring, management and employee matters, and real estate.
- Certified Mediator of civil and commercial law disputes.
December 2005 – Present – Stibbs & Co., P.C.
May 2005 – December 2005 – Assistant District Attorney, Montgomery County, Texas
November 2003 – April 2005 – Briefing Attorney and Court Master, 9th Judicial District, Montgomery County, Texas
State Bar of Texas
US District Court, Southern District of Texas
J.D., South Texas College of Law
M.B.A., Sam Houston State University
B.B.A., Business Management, Texas A & M University
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Montgomery County Bar Association
The Woodlands Bar Association
Certified Mediator – University of Texas Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution
Community and Civic Involvement
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce (Affinity Team Leader)
Conroe ISD Education Foundation (Board of Directors)
The Bank of San Jacinto (Board of Directors)
Montgomery County Community Foundation (Board of Directors)
Leadership Montgomery County (Secretary)