Senior Associate Attorney
Clay is a highly focused and result-oriented business attorney who specializes in securities and corporate financing. “Work hard and play hard” is his motto. Clay is dedicated to helping his clients, but he also appreciates his down time, whether that is enjoying a bottle of wine, traveling overseas, playing golf, or relaxing on the beach. He was honored to serve four years active duty in the U.S. Army Field Artillery achieving the rank of Captain. During his time in the service, he deployed to numerous locations throughout the world, but his most unique deployment was Kuwait. “Good memories, good times, and good people,” Clay explained on his time in active duty. He was no stranger to traveling or the Armed Forces as he was raised in a military family and was fortunate to grow up in beautiful locations, like Florida and Hawaii. He was the fourth generation in his family to serve on active duty. Clay is also a proud Aggie and still attends A&M football games each season. He is a devoted family man and loves spending time with his wife and four children. They enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, bicycling, fishing, and swimming.
Areas of Legal Practice:
- Securities and Corporate Financing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employment and Contractor Agreements
- Real Estate
Clay McCollor practices business law, covering a wide variety of general corporate, transactional matters and securities and investment banking.
Client Services Include:
- Corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and limited partnerships and other business organizations: advises on a variety of matters including formation, governance, shareholders’, and members’ agreements, partnership and limited partnership agreements, stock purchase agreements, mergers and acquisitions, transfer of interests, buy-sell agreements, franchise agreements, commercial real estate matters, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements, discretionary bonus plans, stock option plans, policy review and employee issues.
- General Business Representation for a host of companies including the review, negotiation and documentation of all types of commercial business agreements, including master service agreements, manufacturing agreements, contractor and subcontractor agreements, construction agreements, sales agreements, distributor agreements, indemnity agreements, software licenses and commercial leases.
- Securities, Corporate Financing, including private and public equity and debt offerings, securities exemption analysis, and Regulation D private placement offerings.
- Merger and Acquisitions, including asset and stock transactions, stock swap agreements, and other types of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Real Estate, including residential and commercial buy-side and sell-side representation, equity and debt purchase structuring, drafting residential and commercial leases, and sales and purchase agreements.
|2013-2008||McCollor Law, PLLC, The Woodlands, Texas|
|2008-2007||Amerifund Capital Group, LLC, Houston, Texas|
|2007-2006||Strategic Financial Group, LP, Houston, Texas|
|2005||Baker Hughes, Inc., Houston, Texas|
|2002-1998||United States Army, Fort Riley, Kansas|
State Bar of Texas
South Texas College of Law; JD, 2006 Texas A&M University, Mays School of Business; MBA, 2005 Texas A&M University; B.A., History, 1998
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Houston Bar Association American Bar Association
The Woodlands Bar Association
Montgomery County Bar Association
Leadership Montgomery County, Class of 2015
Board of Directors, Rotary Club of The Woodlands (2011–2015)
Vice President—Membership, Rotary Club of The Woodlands (2014-2015)
Secretary, Rotary Club of The Woodlands (2013–2014)
Co-Chair, St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School – School Gala (2011–2012, 2012-2013)
Counsel of Athletic Ambassadors, 12th Man Foundation, Texas A&M University
Panels & Presentations
Alternative Legal Careers, Panelist
South Texas College of Law Financial Consideration for Your Practice, Presenter
South Texas College of Law MBA Technology Transfer Challenge Competition, Judge
Texas A&M Mays School of Business
Woodlands Bar Association, June CLE Luncheon Presentation, “What All Lawyers Need to Know About Securities Law”, June 2014