Houston-Area Business Lawyers Provide Practical Advice to Drive Positive Results
Reliable domestic and global representation for large and small companies
At Stibbs & Co., P.C., our business lawyers take pride in having a deal-maker attitude. But our determination to get a deal done is coupled with an equally strong commitment to make that deal work for our clients. Our transactional legal team draws on more than a century of legal experience to perform exhaustive due diligence, raising critical issues you must consider and offering practical solutions. Our dedication to client service ensures that your concerns will be heard and your goals for your transaction will be our foremost consideration.
Assistance for domestic and international businesses on key transactions
We are proud to offer clients the benefits of our in-depth experience and knowledge when handling demanding business transactions. We assist companies in all stages and aspects of a business:
- Formation — Our attorneys provide reliable advice on your business plan, choice of entity, ownership structure, financing, private security offerings, tax planning, and licensing. For existing companies, we assist with reorganization of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Compliance — We help ensure your business is in compliance with local, state, federal and international business law. We draft policies, procedures, and training manuals for compliance. We provide ongoing advice to keep your company in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Governance — Our business lawyers skillfully draft shareholder, partnership and company agreements along with the various operational documents necessary to keep your company in compliance. We advise on matters such as fiduciary duty, shareholder relations and buy-sell agreements.
- Internal operations — We draft employment agreements, negotiate compensation packages for executives and assist in developing company benefits plans and incentive plans.
- Financing — We negotiate lines of credit and advise on means of capitalization, including partnering with venture capital organizations.
- Acquisitions — Our attorneys manage sales and acquisitions of business ventures and assets. We actively negotiate terms within purchase and sales agreements to maximize value for our clients.
- Commercial Real Estate – Our seasoned real estate attorneys advise buyers and sellers, as well as landlords and tenants, in complex commercial real estate transactions. We can help you avoid unseen pitfalls and unnecessary costs while bringing deals to successful closure.
- Commercial activities — We develop, review and draft contracts for the exchange of goods or services. We handle licensing negotiations for intellectual property. We also advise on deals establishing franchises and distributorships.
- Dissolution or succession — We help you wind down your business or transfer the enterprise to the next generation of ownership.
Our goal is always to remove any legal impediments to the success of your business. However, since business and commercial disputes are inevitable, we also provide robust business litigation services to protect your interests whenever necessary.
Working with Stibbs & Co., P.C. to lay the foundation for a better business
As a trusted Houston law firm, Stibbs & Co., P.C. serves businesses in a number of surrounding communities, including The Woodlands, Spring, and Conroe. However, our reach extends beyond the Houston area, as we have provided experienced legal support to regional, national and global businesses looking to work in Houston and elsewhere.
Our attorneys are considered deal-makers, not deal-breakers, because we seek to offer the legal counsel our clients need to protect themselves against risk and facilitate growth. This approach can help ensure smoother contract negotiations, satisfying mediation or arbitration results and beneficial mergers and acquisitions.
Stibbs & Co., P.C. has been a leading Houston law firm for years. Contact our offices today to find out how we can add value to your business and its dealings through trusted legal consultancy.