John H. “Jack” Stibbs, Jr.
Jack has been practicing law for over 40 years. He is dedicated to his profession and finding business solutions for his clients. He is a fierce advocate, an accomplished attorney, and manages one of the top business law firms in the greater Houston area. His interests outside of the workplace define the man behind this successful law firm. He is passionate about fly fishing and hiking, appreciates poetry and fine wine and adores his family. Jack is an encouraging and supportive leader and enjoys spending time with his team members outside of conference rooms and meetings. He is committed to the community he proudly serves and the causes he believes in such as raising awareness and finding a cure for Pulmonary Hypertension (PH).
Jack Stibbs practices business law, covering a wide variety of both domestic and international corporate and energy law related matters. With almost 40 years of experience as an international negotiator, commercial litigator, in-house counsel, mediator and arbitrator, and law firm business owner, Jack’s breadth of knowledge is a highly valued asset for his clients.
- General Business Representation for a host of domestic and international companies including the review, negotiation, and documentation of all types of commercial business agreements, including master service agreements, manufacturing agreements, contractor and subcontractor agreements, construction agreements, sales and supply agreements, distributor agreements, indemnity agreements, software licenses, and commercial leases.
- Business Organization matters advising on a variety of subjects including formation, governance, shareholders’ and members’ agreements, partnership and limited partnership agreements, stock and asset purchase agreements, transfers of interests, buy-sell agreements, franchise agreements, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements, discretionary bonus plans, stock option plans, policy review, and employee issues.
- Mergers and Acquisitions representing interest holders and companies regarding due diligence, financing of purchase, majority and minority interest, spin-offs, restructuring, management and employee matters, and commercial real estate.
- Commercial Real Estate matters representing both buyer and seller, and landlord and tenant, in commercial property investments and development.
- General Business Litigation for a variety of domestic and international companies including all manners of business and commercial disputes.
- Mediation and Arbitration
International Quarterly, January 2003 “Key Issues in Turnkey Engineering and Procurement Contracts Utilized in International Electric Power Projects” South Texas Law Review, Summer 2003 “The Importance of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contracts in Electric Power Projects”.