The Houston metropolitan area is the center for the U.S. energy industry, as this region is home to many of the nation’s top oil and gas exploration or production companies, as well as energy service companies. In fact, according to the Greater Houston Partnership – the region’s commercial advocacy group – Houston’s metropolitan statistical area is home to more than 4,800 energy-related businesses. That number includes hundreds of exploration and production firms, manufacturers, and transportation companies.
Energy law is one of the more complex areas of law, and as a result, it is important for stakeholders within this industry to partner with an experienced law firm that understands its intricacies. Stibbs & Co. is situated in the heart of the state’s energy region, and our attorneys have the experience local businesses need to navigate this complicated area of law.
At Stibbs & Co., our attorneys have advised clients on sensitive and complex cases concerning energy law. Jack Stibbs has been recognized for his work in the field, and our attorneys are equipped with the knowledge and experience to handle representation, from negotiation to litigation and everything in between.
We assist energy-related businesses with the following services, among others:
- Assignments or transfers of producing property
- Counsel on provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Negotiate purchase, sale, licensing, leasing and master service agreements
- Guidance on transportation, tankage, storage, interconnection and gas gathering agreements
- Drafting development, operating, emerging service, supply, joint contracting, and pipeline construction agreements
- Representation for mediation, arbitration, or litigation of disputes that cannot be resolved through skillful negotiation