Wise employers seek to establish a workplace in which employees feel engaged, respected, and valued. While most business leaders strive to ensure compliance with local and federal employment law, situations may arise when they need to seek professional advice and counsel for help with important employment law issues.
U.S. labor law includes a wide range of employment-related statues and regulations, which outline the parameters for wages, benefits, and workplace health and ethics. Local and state law can differ from federal law, so it is important for employers to understand the unique legal requirements in their municipality.
Our experienced attorneys advise employers on a wide variety of employment issues that affect their businesses, including:
- Wage and hour disputes
- Workplace discrimination
- Harassment and wrongful discharge
- Title VII, ADA, and FMLA compliance
- Non-disclosure and non-compete agreements
- Trade secrets
- Issues regarding leave
- Employment contracts, including severance agreements and arbitration/class action waiver agreements
- Employee handbooks and other written policies
- Wage and hour law
- Workplace privacy (including drug testing, medical examinations, and right to search)
Our attorneys also conduct management-level and company-wide trainings and internal audits on employment law compliance, including Form I-9 compliance. Employment compliance trainings with Stibbs & Co. attorneys are not the archetypal tedious, condescending presentation of prohibited practices, but are informative and engaging—even fun.